Saturday, June 30, 2012

NORA EPHRON, A TRIBUTE

       NORA EPHRON, A TRIBUTE                                                     (1941-2012)

         
        Dear Nora,

          Do you remember when you wrote this?  



    Kathleen Kelly:   "Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."   (You've Got Mail)

      dear Nora,  do you know you've changed lives with your writing? With your movies? With your books?

      The day I heard the lines above it started.  You inspired me to write and so, be brave.

      If you only knew how many times your words have made me laugh. How often we've gone to bed lull to sleep by the music of your beautiful lines in "You've Got Mail."

      If you only knew how much I admire you. I find such comfort knowing your trials made you a stronger person.

     dear Nora,  it is your example, you kept writing no matter what, and your words ... what a writing friend you've been to me without you knowing it. 

     dear Nora, I already miss you....

             

   Meryl Streep:  "Nora just looked at every situation and cocked her head and thought, 'Hummm, how can I make this more fun.?' "


   Tom Hanks:    "At a dinner table on a film set Nora lifted us all with wisdom and wit, mixed with love for us and love for life....

 

          NORA EPHRON  artist, journalist, essayist, novelist, playwright, movie director, blogger, mother, wife, sister, daughter. A woman of great talent.

         Famous works: When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, Sleepless In Seattle, Heartburn, Silkwood, Julie & Julia.   Famous books:  I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being A Woman, I Remember Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment