Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Wish ...



                                         
                                                                       I Wish ...      

                                                             by Marggie Rassler (2012)

You taped the photo

To your desk lamp,

A picture to treasure

Like a collector's stamp.

A bridge to age

That raced so fast,

The blue-eye boy,

Within your past.

Oh, how I wish

I'd known you then,

In overalls

The boy of ten.

Did you catch bugs

In carefree hours

While I in homeland

Picked jasmine flowers?

Oh, to have brushed

Your unkempt hair,

With trembling hand,

My flirting dare.

To sit with you on

High oak tree,

And glow beet-red ...

Your lips on me!



Oh, how I wish

I'd known you then,

In overalls

The boy of ten.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment