Thursday, December 6, 2012

TODAY ...



                   
                  Today ...      

 

           His look captured my eyes and then his words plunged into my soul.

           "Organ donor?" He said.

           I froze. Organ donor? Was that to be engraved on my new driver's license? Etched there by my submitted will?  I remembered then what I had asked Him.

          "It's Your celebration this month. What do You want me to give You for your birthday?"

          "Organ donor, Mrs. Rassler. Do you want to be an organ donor?"

          Past fears surfaced to be snuffed out by my mind's picture of a humble stable. A forlorn little stable stamped by destiny with the shadow of  a cross.

          And then, the voice jolted me out of the pensive trance.

          "Organ donor?" he asked once more.

          "Yes. Donor." I said

No comments:

Post a Comment