Monday, June 24, 2013

GRIEF ... MY JOURNEY






               GRIEF ... MY JOURNEY   by Marggie Rassler
 
 
                      On the day before Mother's Day, 2013, my mother passed away. Grief returns. 
    I have been with others going through the same. I studied grief counseling and led some, in the past, through that work even my own mom. Now, it's my turn. Again. 
 
                      Grief is due to loss, of any kind. Each person has his
              own way of experiencing it. Some stages are common among most of us.
 
         Common Stages Of Grief:   Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance
               (I personally will add to that the "Stuck" stage, somewhere between any
                    of these mentioned. Grief can be complicated.)
 Here's what I'm experiencing and how I'm handling it. I believe my writing reflects my being in these stages. I hope and pray my sharing will help someone. Please, let me know if I can help.
    


                                                                      
                           Grief ... My Journey                             
 
Let me hold this my baby,
Called Grief,
Do not tear him away
from my breast.
Let him feed on my fears
While I weave him
Dark blankets with tears.
No, don't pull him away,
In my arms let him
 Cuddle and stay.
 
Through this pain,
I'm connected
To that which I lost,
And though sharp
Piercing cost,
Their memory's not faded
Or buried or snuffed,
By the presence
Of Destiny's frost.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment