Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MY LIFE ... LIKE A PLATANO!





   

              My life ... like a Platano!                           by A.G.R.        


 Platano a Puñetazo, Tostones, Fried Green Platains, different names for different folks.

      To make them I have to cut them into quarter-inch sections, peel them, fry them once and them my husband smashes them flat. After, transported again to the frying pan, I fry them till crisp. Once cooked I salt them. 

      YUMMMM!    

 

    Today I studied the process. Some people see a platano frying and that's what it is,

just a platano. But not me. Not today.

     My life like a platano.


      When I've been green, lacking wisdom many times, I've had to be peeled of my ignorance, smashed into shape and fried to a crisp by the harshness of the consequences produced by my mistakes.

       Sometimes after, I've felt the sprinkling of some salt upon me, by an Invisible Hand that, in mercy, allows me to be used in some way to warn a fellow traveler on this earth before he, too,  

goes through the platano process.
                       
 

    Tell me, next time you make this dish will you see more than a platano?

    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Tomorrow I'm making
     spaghetti squash.
    
    I wonder what I'll see then!
                                                                                    
     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment