Monday, January 5, 2015

ANGELS ... WHY MY INTEREST?




            
                                   ANGELS … Why My Interest?                                 


            Angel Talk #1    June 1990

My father was dying of brain cancer. In one of my last visits to his hospital room while he was still very conscious and clear minded he wanted to know what I was doing and who I was counseling. He had always been very protective of me and I thought displeasure would come when I would tell him.

“Papi, the counseling is getting more serious now. I’m helping someone wanting to come out of Satanism.”

My father slowly turned his head toward me. I knew he was in pain but his eyes labored to search mine. “You’ve always had very strong angels, Mayita.” He closed his eyes and smiled. I wanted to ask him what he meant and why he said that but the time didn’t seem right … he needed rest.

I’ve often pondered those words which poured upon me as the balm of his blessing. I knew my father. By not telling me not to do what I was doing he had given me approval. But his words also left me stirred with a pricking curiosity. My dad, who had experienced and shared some of his prophetic dreams with me in the past, dreams that had come true, had he now seen something in his dreams about me? And angels? What did he know about angels? We never had the chance to finish that talk.

Angel Talk #2   Cruise, 1991.

Sunday at sea in a cruise ship heading to Mexico. A group of believers meet to read favorite Scriptures, tell their stories and pray. I’m the last to stand in front and share my story. I speak of voices that pounded my mind in 1979, voices that shouted torturous thoughts, words and commands that almost drove me to suicide. I speak to the small number of believers about the God who rescued me, and afterward they came to pray for me. They cried with me and hugged me; they encouraged me to continue to make known my message. We sang a final song, Amazing Grace together, and I made my way to the door, but a hand on my arm pulled me back.

“I have something to tell you.” A tall man with snow-white hair points to his eyes. “I saw something. Something on each side of you while you were speaking.”

“Yes?” I held my small Bible closer to me and saw that some of the people were still waiting for me outside the meeting room. Who was this person? What did he want?

 “I just want to tell you. There’re two very large beings of light with you. Very large.” The man smiled, nodded and turned to make his way out the door, never looking back. I didn’t see him again during the entire cruise. Once again my interest with angels flared. These two instances started a study and search that will forever be part of my life.

Mayi is the nickname my grandmother, my Abuela, gave me. My father added the ita  Spanish ending at times for endearment.  

If you enjoyed this story here are others that might interest you:

 Why Counseling The Oppressed?   Where The Natural Meets The Supernatural … Beyond The Veil. Story found in (December 10, 2013 blog).
 
               For a chuckle?
                   Pressure Cooker Friend Or Foe … and casabe   (September 3, 2012)
          Spirit, Soul And Bread Pudding  (April 23, 2012)
     A touch for the heart?          The Ten Cow Wife  (August 20, 2012)

                                         The Encounter Left Two Imprints  (June 21, 2012)

                                        The Day God Broke My Dam  (June 6, 2012)

                                        Art Work In Roma, 1995  (May 5, 2012)

                                       The Music Box  (May 1,2012)  

No comments:

Post a Comment