Sunday, May 20, 2012

THE BEST...

                                   THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL



                                                "If things are not all right...."
                                                           

              

                         He said we needed to get away for a few hours. Our doggy still showing signs ... and we struggling. He researched a movie for us to go and forget some of our troubles.  Off we went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! 

                          The attendance at the movie theater surprised us. It was not the age of the people, movie viewers about our age, those passing the 55 senior citizen line. What made us look twice at the theater were the many of them present. Most of the time at that early hour of the day my husband and I sit there like the last two pins on a pin-cushion.  

                          The movie turned out to be delightful. I won't spoil it for anyone wanting to experience it. I cried and I laughed. Usually the signs for me of wonderful writing. I wish I could tell a story so well.

                           Sure, I would have changed some things. People that have written their stories have a way of wanting to tweak material in their own way. But, many of the themes covered in the movie so moved me, that I recommend the movie to anyone that would like to take a trip into other lands ... the visible, touchable, country of India and the invisible, emotional country of the senior citizen. The senior citizen still yearning for life, adventure, and love.

                           This is definitely a wonderful piece of art. If you go see it I would love to hear what you thought of it. What did the you within you think? What beauty did the artist in you observe? 



       Best line from the movie:  "Everything will turn out all right at the end. If things are not all right then, it is not the end!" 

                      Love those words!  Shall dance with them on my hyphen for a while!

                                     To all my blog readers ... love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment